Gaining Ground is a national initiative designed to enhance performance and quality improvement of governmental health departments and advance national accreditation by the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB).
With support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) issued grants and is providing support to coalitions within Iowa and six other states to develop a sustainable infrastructure to support accreditation readiness, performance, and quality improvement.
Iowa's Coalition includes:
- Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- Iowa Environmental Health Association (IEHA)
- Iowa Public Health Association (IPHA)
- Midwestern Public Health Training Center (MPHTC)
- Public Health Advisory Council (PHAC)
For more information about Gaining Ground activities in Iowa please contact Joy Harris at (515) 281-3377 .
Gaining Ground Together: Making Iowa PHABulous - Training Track 101- Resources
- Making Iowa PHABulous (PDF)
- Table-top self assessment (ZIP)
- Review of documentation assessment (ZIP)
Recordings of 101 training
Gaining Ground: 12 Domain Webinars
The Gaining Ground Coalition is in the process of developing short webinars, aimed at local health departments that describe the PHAB domains. To view these webinars please visit https://training-source.org/url/di
White Paper: Accreditation in Iowa
In collaboration with the Public Health Advisory Council a white paper describing the case for accreditation in Iowa is available here.